1. Higher quality care – coaches who are national board-certified in health & wellness (NBC-HWC) have met more rigorous training, education and assessment standards. Their services are well-documented in scientific literature and their expertise in behavior change can help you step into a more active role in your own self-care.
2. Reimbursement – services provided by NBC-HWCs are approved by the AMA (American Medical Association). If you are looking to prevent or reduce the suffering and costs of a chronic condition like prediabetes, diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and obesity, you may be eligible to be reimbursed for coaching from your doctors and health insurance company.
3. Faster results – health and wellness coaches are experts in behavior change. They can accelerate your ability to make life transitions and improvements to habits like diet, exercise, sleep and stress management.
4. Accountability –staying on track with your wellness is a lot easier with a coaching professional to support you every step of the way – from setting measurable, achievable, positive and specific goals to creating an action plan and maintaining results.
5. Overcome challenges –whether you struggle with weight, work stress, anxiety, work-life balance or a chronic stress related illness, a well-trained coach can help you surmount any emotional, mental or physical obstacles that may stand in your way of making healthy changes.
6. Stress resilience – becoming more mindful of stressors and practicing powerful breathing, relaxation and meditation techniques with a coach can help you reduce daily stress and improve the outcome of a stress-related illness. Assess your current stress level now.
7. Positive mindset –optimism and positive thinking have a big impact on physical and mental health. Working with a coach to problem solve and reframe negative thoughts can boost your confidence and help you adapt more effectively to stressful situations.